Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Runner

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.




I am a runner. I may be awkward; I may be slow; I may be ridiculous, but I am still a runner. Running reminds me that I am alive. That God has given me a body with fully functioning arms, legs, and core. That even with weak lungs, I can endure. When I push myself beyond my perceived limits, I remember that it is God at work in me, both to will and to work for His good pleasure. I can do ANYTHING through Christ who gives me strength (Philippians 1:6, 4:13) To run is to remember Jesus is waiting for me at the finish line, and nothing is impossible when I look to Him.

No comments: