o Gluten Free
o Low Fat
o High Fiber
· ¾ cup brown sugar
· 1/3 tsp stevia powder
· ½ cup egg substitute/liquid egg white
· ¾ (ish) unsweetened applesauce
· 2 Tbsp sunflower oil
· 2-3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
· One 15 oz can black beans, rinsed, drained, and pureed until smooth
· 2 tsp. vanilla extract
· 1 tsp. orange extract
· 1 cup +/- gluten free flour blend (I use a blend of coconut and brown rice flours with a bit of tapioca starch and a pinch of xanthan gum)
· 1 cup cocoa powder
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp baking soda
· ½ tsp salt
· ½- ¾ tsp chili powder
· ½- 1 tsp nutmeg
· ½ tsp clove
Preheat oven to 375*. Line muffin tin with paper liners
Puree beans with applesauce and oil until perfectly smooth.
Add egg whites, yogurt, and extracts and blend another two- three minutes
Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, soda, salt, chili, nutmeg and clove.
Add dry ingredients to liquid a little at a time, blending completely after each addition.
Fill muffin wells 2/3 full.
Bake 14-16 minutes (check for doneness with a toothpick.)
Cool five minutes before removing from pan.
Cool completely on wire rack before frosting. (I use a whipped vanilla frosting.)