Saturday, July 03, 2010


I've been reading through a devotional just before bed. It's a 31 day journey, and I'm on my third time through. One line that I missed the first two times was this: "That You should allow Your creature to have fellowship with You is wonderful enough; but that You can desire it, that it gives You satisfaction and joy is almost too much for my understanding." (The Quiet Time, Downer's Grove, Illinois: InterVarsity Press, 1945)


Seriously. The God of the Universe, Creator of All Things, Sovereign Lord of Time and Space, Ruler over All Nations, Judge of All Iniquities, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient---THAT "You" desires fellowship with me. No, that's not almost too much for my understanding; that's completely and totally beyond comprehension.

And yet it is true. And I am grateful.


Hybrid said...

Amen to that. :)

Follow me on Twitter @ or check out my blog @

Peace_of_Mind said...

THat is awesome! Thanks for sharing it!