Saturday, July 03, 2010

Almost?

I've been reading through a devotional just before bed. It's a 31 day journey, and I'm on my third time through. One line that I missed the first two times was this: "That You should allow Your creature to have fellowship with You is wonderful enough; but that You can desire it, that it gives You satisfaction and joy is almost too much for my understanding." (The Quiet Time, Downer's Grove, Illinois: InterVarsity Press, 1945)

ALMOST??????

Seriously. The God of the Universe, Creator of All Things, Sovereign Lord of Time and Space, Ruler over All Nations, Judge of All Iniquities, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient---THAT "You" desires fellowship with me. No, that's not almost too much for my understanding; that's completely and totally beyond comprehension.

And yet it is true. And I am grateful.

2 comments:

Hybrid said...

Amen to that. :)

Follow me on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/thinkhybrid or check out my blog @ http://hybridnow.blogspot.com/

Peace_of_Mind said...

THat is awesome! Thanks for sharing it!