Saturday, January 05, 2013

Learning curve

So, a year ago I was teaching myself to crochet. I can read a pattern reasonably well and I've graduated from simple cowls to hats---sort of. I am as slow as can be, but when I got a compliment on the hat I wore today, it totally made my day!  Here is the hat--and the pattern as best I can recall:




ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd st from hook, join in 1st sc

2: ch 1, sc in next sc, repeat from * all around. Do not join.
3: ch 1, 1 sc, ch 1, 1 sc in next sc. Repeat from * all around
4: ch 1, sc in next sc, ch 1, sc in same space (increase), ch 1, sc in next sc. Repeat from * all around
5: ch 1 sc in next sc (pattern). Repeat from * all around
6: work pattern increase every 3rd sc (see row 4)
7: same as 5
8: same as 6
9&10: increase every 4th sc
11-18: ch 1 sc in next sc  (increase as needed for fit--maybe twice per round)
19: 1 sc in each sc, sl st at end of round
20 (brim): ch 2, sc in each sc. 
21-23: sc in each sc. Repeat from *. Join with sl st in first sc of round


I make a LOT of mistakes, but it's fun and keeps my warm on these chilly days!]

Next up: knitting!

No comments: