Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Well, well, well...

So, I can say that I have learned the first step in knitting. As in I can cast on, knit stitch, and cast off. I make a lot of mistakes, but I finished a project:

Even in the picture the mistakes are obvious, BUT, it is complete--and warm :)


Learning by video is interesting. It took a LOT of searching to find a video that made sense to me. Most of them were geared toward people already adept at needle work of some kind. They went too fast or the camera work was unclear or the voice of the instructor annoyed me. Then I found a series of videos geared toward teens--including a couple o boys. Finally, a teacher who worked at a pace I could follow with plenty of repetition, multiple camera angles, and some humor. Voila--connection!





Here's the link to the first in the series:


Time to learn some more :)

No comments: