Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Life as a mom with a really full plate



About this time every year my life goes a little bit crazy. Both Carrie and Corinne have May birthdays, and all the end-of-school concerts and banquets and activities make the schedule even more complicated than usual. Of course, I have my own employments at the scrapbook store, the school, and with Caroline--all of which I love to do. And then I add more to my plate because there are other things I want to do--like more artwork and going to book club and playing/watching neighborhood tennis and getting in better physical condition and missions and and and...I wouldn't change a thing. Really.



I love my life---even when it's so crazy that I hardly have time to think or breathe or sleep.
I love what I'm learning about art--mixed media, digital, photographic, acrylic....all of it.
I love being with my girls as they grow up and develop unique personalities and opinions.
I have fun working at the scrapbook store, showing people how to memorialize their own lives.
I get excited thinking about being back in the classroom teaching teenagers how to think deeper than they ever thought they could (and make writing easier for them along the way.)
I get energized by my Thursdays with Caroline, even though as an active toddler she keeps me hopping all day long.
Tennis matches keep me integrated into the neighborhood, book club keeps my intellect challenged, and mission trip preparation reminds me just how wonderfully God provides for all my needs.
So, for the next few weeks, I'll jump from one activity to the next, create as often as possible, and blog as life permits. I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

Linda Jo said...

You have a very blessed life, Stephanie... as do I! Praise God! And, yes, May is a busier month than December. My birthday is in May... so I'm well aware. All the school functions, wedding showers, etc.... in December we are all heading to the same celebration - not true in May.

Unknown said...

Stephanie enjoy life and the coming weeks ahead, I sympathise
:-) still trying to find that elusive prom dress for my daughter xxxx

Mary said...

I love reading your thoughts and seeing them expressed in your artwork. I think YOU are a work of art! I love you. Mary