Saturday, November 22, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude Day Six

Another day to be grateful. Today I choose to be extra thankful for my dear husband. I am always in awe that God brought us together and has worked in us and through us to make a successful marriage and a secure home for our children.

Tonight Brian and I got to go to a nice restaurant--just the two of us--as a gift from his boss for work well done. It was quite a treat to sit without any agenda except to enjoy each other's company. (Thank you, Althea!) We have been together now for more than 23 years, and we are still both friends and partners. It always comes as a shock when we hear about divorces among our friends who married the same time we did. Each time we hear of another marriage in crisis, we resolve all the more to make sure that our relationship is stable and secure.

I am so blessed to have a husband who loves me beyond any shadow of doubt. God is good and I am grateful.

No comments: