Monday, November 17, 2008

An Attitude of Gratitude

With Thanksgiving just 10 days away, I think it's about time to count my blessings. So, hopefully I will make some time everyday until Thanksgiving to be grateful about something specific.



Today I will begin with how much I appreciate the internet. I know it sounds funny, but truly, having the world at my fingertips amazes me. How many people would I never have met if not for my art and craft groups? How many things would I have never learned if it wasn't so easy to look things up to satisfy my curiosity?



The internet brings me world cultures and perspectives that I may never have considered without it. I can chat with people all over the world and I can re-connect with friends from long ago.



The internet allows my extended family to keep in touch even though we live all over the US. We can share the little events of life along with pictures and we can even play games together from a thousand miles away.

So, yes, I am grateful for the internet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel

That is so cool! I have been doing the same thing you are doing! On my wall I have a Thanksgiving Countdown Chart, and everyday during my quiet time I pray about what to be thankful for that day, and then try to live it!

I am thankful for the internet, too! True, I may not have a Facebook or anything yet, but I am thankful that we can have google to look up things on--even though most of those things aren't very good.

GOD tells us to be thankful in everything, so that's what we should do! Today, I am thankful for my Salvation and how I was able to be saved (and for the internet)! 1 Thessalonians 5:18, "In everything give thanks; for this is the will of GOD in CHRIST JESUS for you."

Rachel Gragg